If you are an athlete who plays basketball competitively, you know how important muscular and cardiovascular endurance are. Running around the court, jumping, landing, pivoting and guarding the paint all involve the use of your entire body.
Cramps can prevent you from performing at your topmost condition, and they can even cost you the game, and even lead to serious injuries. It is the bane of all athletes, and it’s just plain annoying to endure a cramp. So, CSO Sports Multiplex is here to share a few tips on how you can avoid cramps during your games:
- Always drink enough water to properly hydrate your body during your games at your local Indoor Sports Complex in Chicago, Illinois.
- If consuming sports drinks, drink those that contain both sodium and potassium, limit the amount of sugar and artificial preservatives, before you begin your game.
- Avoid overexertion by eating a small snack high in complex carbohydrates before your workouts, practices, or your games.
- Participate in your pre-game warm-ups to help prevent injury and cramps from ligament sprain and strain.
- If you feel a cramp coming, don’t hesitate to ask for a time-out, a sub, or slow your pace.
We hope these tips help you and your teammates in avoiding cramps and injuries. We wish you the best of luck in your upcoming competitions.
If you’re ever in need of a place to practice, train, or compete, feel free to make use of our Indoor Sports Facility that houses Five Basketball Courts, Six volleyball courts, and Baseball Field and Cages. Get in touch by dialing 773-633-2327.